Thursday, June 12, 2008

Beets and Potatoes


beets and potatoes, originally uploaded by mysterybridgers.

This is Beets with Mint and Yogurt and Stir-Fried Beet Greens with Ginger and Green Chilies mixed with mashed potatoes made with the chioga beets and greens. Both recipes are from World Vegetarian by Madhur Jaffrey (although mixing the beet greens with mashed potatoes was my idea). We have had this book for quite some time and rarely cook out of it. I don't know why that is because most of the recipes are quick and easy to make and taste pretty good. The recipes don't call for much more than what their titles suggest is in them. I roasted the beets as I normally do, including adding balsamic vinegar, which didn't really go with the yogurt. However, as leftovers, the beets themselves were really good because they had soaked up a lot of the flavors in the yogurt. So in future, I will leave out the vinegar when making this recipe.

No comments: