Sunday, March 1, 2009

Lemon Cupcakes


Lemon Cupcakes, originally uploaded by mysterybridgers.

We went to a party with my new co-workers and spouses on Saturday and I made lemon cupcakes and green tea cupcakes. You have seen enough of the green tea cupcakes I am sure, so today I feature the lemon ones.

The recipe is from Vegan with a Vengeance. They were very good, but a lot went wrong when I was making them. The recipe called for what seemed like a ton of baking soda. when I combined the wet and dry ingredients, the batter swelled way up and ended up being enough batter for 18 cupcakes instead of 12. The first batch was a little deflated out of the oven and got a little too brown. The second batch, which had to sit while the others baked turned out much better. (The cupcakes at the front of the picture are from the second batch.)

If it were not for the sprinkles that we found in our cabinet, these cupcakes would have looked pretty sad. They made up for their looks by being pretty tasty, so I forgive them.

No comments: